Universidad Santo Tomás
"I do speak Spanish: An experience to tell."
Los cursos permiten dominar el español en contextos comunicativos y de interacción.
The Fray Bernardo de Lugo OP language Institute of the Universidad Santo Tomás seeks, through its Spanish courses for foreigners, to contribute to the development of functional and cultural language skills which will allow students to achieve different communicative levels as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for the teaching and assessment of languages.
Students are expected to achieve a general linguistic mastery which would properly allow them to communicate orally and in writing in employment, academic and leisure settings, and to be able to understand the main points of a text in standard language. We also strive for students to be able to perform in most situations that may arise during a trip to places where Spanish is spoken.
The methodology for these courses is primarily based on a communicative approach, which requires the interactive development of the four language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening), while incorporating the cultural component as a social facilitator which will allow students to act in everyday situations.
|Program aimed at:||Adult foreigners, college students and professionals interested in acquiring and / or expanding their knowledge of Spanish, while living the experience of Colombian culture in one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Colombia.|
|Levels:||1) General Courses: We offer six (6) courses which have a duration of sixty (60) hours each. The intention is to reach level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for the learning of languages.
2) Situational Spanish courses: In this type of course students will learn to use the language in everyday situations such as those experienced in an airport, a restaurant, and a shopping center, among others. These courses have a time intensity of 20 hours each and in order to ensure effective acquisition of the skills needed in these situations, we will offer a maximum enrollment of 5 students per course.
3) Spanish course for foreigners in the Education program for Work and Human
Development: We offer six (6) or eight (8) levels of eighty (80) classroom hours and twenty (20) hours of separate work with virtual support for each. Under this arrangement our students will have the opportunity to obtain academic certificates of language proficiency at levels B1 and B2, under the standards set forth by the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). This program is officially registered under Decrees No. 02041 of August 23, 2011 and 02050 of September 29, 2011 issued by the Secretary of District. Education.
|Hourly intensity:||1) General Courses: We offer two schedules; The first, four hours (4) a week for one semester, and the second two (2) hours per day for two months.
2) Situational Spanish courses: The courses are conducted with an hourly intensity of 20 hours.
3) Spanish course for foreigners in the Education program for Work and Human Development: We offer two schedules: The first, four hours a week for one semester, and the second, two hours daily for two months.
|Associated services:||For all of the courses and for the strengthening of communication skills and effective exposure to the language, the Language Institute offers the following services: a) an immersion program in the language which is carried out in villages near the city of Bogota, b) tutoring services c) a conversation club d) a day tour or culture tour for every 20 hours of study.|
|Requirements for registration:||Carry out an on-line pre-registration.|
|Cost per level or course:||1) General Courses: $ 1,200. 000 pesos (COL) for the 60-hour course.
2) Situational Spanish courses: $ 1,000,000 pesos (COL) for the .20 hour course.
3) Education Courses for Work and Human Development: $ 1,813,000 pesos (COL) each 100 hour course.
Claudia Inés Moreno Ardila-Director- Fray Bernardo de Lugo OP Language Institute-
Yuribia Andrea Caro- Academic Coordinator –Fray Bernardo de Lugo OP Language Institute
|Phone:||(57-1) 5878797 ext: 1313/1314|
|Address:||Carrera 9 No 51-11 Main office|
|Web page:||"I do speak Spanish: An experience to tell."|