Universidad del Norte
Spanish for International Students
El currículo integra el aprendizaje lingüístico y cultural, basado en la experiencia.
The Spanish for International Students Program at Universidad del Norte is accredited by the Instituto Cervantes and follows the CEFR guidelines.
The methodology is based on the communicative approach with emphasis on oral skills. The Program combines regular semester courses or summer immersion courses with a great variety of extracurricular activities including visits to museums, companies, schools, and historic sites in Barranquilla, Cartagena and Santa Marta.
|Program aimed at:||• University students, professionals and business persons
• Teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language interested in staying up to date with new methodologies for teaching, in practicing the language and in discovering the culture of the Colombian Caribbean
|Levels:||The complete Program consists of 14 levels of 30 hours each.
Starting from A1 to C1 according to the CEFR.
|Hourly intensity:||• Semester courses: 4 hours per week during 16 weeks
• Summer Immersion courses: 4 hours per day during 4 weeks/
|Starting and completion dates:||30 hour modules start twice a moth/ Semester courses start in February and August.|
|Associated services:||The University is a testing center for the DELE exam.|
|Cultural activities included in the program:||Our students participate in:
• City tour Barranquilla, Santa Marta, Cartagena
• Visit to Historical Sites in Barranquilla
• Visit to Las Flores/Bocas de Ceniza
• Surfing activity at Pradomar
• Cooking lessons
• Dancing lessons
• Typical frutis and foods from the región
• Visit to Usiacurí (Arts and crafts town- Museum – house of the poet Julio Flores)
• Visit to Museo del Caribe
• Cultural Agendas
|Requirements for registration:||• Classification exam and interview via Skype
• Completed registration form
• Valid student visa
|Cost per level or course:||• Cost per level: $1,500.000 COP.
• Summer Immersion Course: $2. 500.000 COP.
• General Spanish: $ 1,200.000 COP.
|Lodging Information for foreign students:||N/A|
|Contact:||Wajibe Altamar, Spanish for International Students Coordinator|
|Phone:||(57-5) 350 9509 ext. 4943|
|Address:||km 5 vía Puerto Colombia. Barranquilla|
|Web page:||Spanish for International Students|